Friday 3 October 2014

The Denim Jacket

 I really struggled last summer to find the perfect denim jacket.  There were so many cropped affairs, or the sleeves weren't long enough.  So much so that I thought they were only making jackets for tiny people - at 5 foot 5, or 165ish centimetres, I'm not exactly tall!

 
However, while wandering round Next I discovered this biker styled version.  It was only £40, but it was a bit on the dark side.  I got it home and thought to myself that it would be a good idea to bleach it.  I stuck it in a trug outside with a bleach and water mix, added a pebble or two to weigh it down and left it for around 2 hours before sticking it in the washing machine.




As you can see, it has made the jacket a much better shade to match the items in my wardrobe.  You can see the first style up in the photo above; with my much loved TopShop sleeveless dress which, by the way, was an amazing bargain; it started off at £50, was reduced to £30 then again to £20 by the time I spotted it on the rail.


Here I went for the double denim effect, teaming it with a primark skull scarf and my trusty H&M hi-tops.


 
This time I styled it with my white Primark skirt and golden sandals (the bag is also Primark).  I think it compliments the outfit really well.

 
Here, I styled it for a meal out at the pub, with my awesome animal print jeans from Zara, Wallis bag and Top Shop kitten heels.
 
 
Finally, here is the denim jacket in action at the Maesbury Canal Festival; I can explain, my Dad has a canal boat and was helping them raise money to restore a section of the canal.  I naturally had to go and show my support.  The jacket is teamed with animal print top from H&M, jeans from River Island, black bag from Primark and trainers from Zara.
 
Until next time.

 

4 comments:

  1. I used to have a moto-style denim jacket, dear Zoe...and after seeing yours, I'm sad that I gave mine up!! I'll bet your stylings here are just the tip of the iceberg, too; I'm sure your version is going to see a lot of wear this fall!! P.S. Kudos for personalizing it with a bleach job!! XO

    www.StyleIsMyPudding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I saw a photo of me wearing my old leather with original denim over the top - that brought back some memories! Glad you're enjoying the looks. I am watching your insta feed & blog xx

      Delete
  2. Me encantan las cazadoras denim, les puedes sacar tanto juego, son casi perfectas para cualquier tipo de outfits.
    Te invito a visitar nuestro blog
    Www.bloglaratitapresumida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I can only do English & French (sorry).
      I will find your blogspot & follow you, though.

      Delete