Sunday 17 August 2014

Manchester Day Out


On Wednesday 13th August I popped on a train to Manchester, England.  Manchester is a lovely city with a great shopping centre.  Chinatown is a few minutes stroll from Piccadilly Gardens, where the big wheel is currently situated.  Not only does Manchester have mainstream shops in the Arndale Centre, there are also a few smaller havens you can visit, such as Affleck's Palace, where you can buy goth, vintage, fancy dress, records, bondage and much, much, more. Visit Manchester site has lots of useful information if you'd like to visit.


For my trip, I wore a top from French Connection which I bought in last winter's sale.  My skinny jeans are from River Island and my trainers are from Zara.  The scarf is from Primark.  The photo was taken in the Zara changing rooms.


I love Zara and it's simple classic style.  I know it is only August, but as the weather seems to be turning a bit cool it seems appropriate to take a look at the AW2014 stock!  This coat felt lovely - it is fake of course (I don't do real fur) and if I remember rightly it's £89.99.  I might have to order one online later in the year.  They also had stocks of these beautiful jade green necklaces.  Another consideration for the future.


Anyways, Had a root through the sale items, as I always manage to come across quirky patterned jeans, which seem to be a staple in my wardrobe at the moment.  The bottom left picture shows a fabulous pattern, but they were more cropped that I would have liked and they seemed to grab at my thighs a bit.  However the ones on the right fitted beautifully and were a snip at £12.99.

The top 2 photos show me trying on a jumper from the French Connection sale.  I couldn't decide on the size so went for the larger of the two, figuring it would look great with shirts worn underneath in the winter.  I also picked up another jumper with lace effect sleeves.  Both items were £24.00.


This photo shows the complete haul from Wednesday (don't worry, that's my cat, I didn't buy him and bring him home on the train).  Items were also purchases from H&M and Primark.  There seems to be a theme - anyone spot what it is yet?

Until next time :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, animal print!! From leopard, to snake, to zebra...what's not to love, right Zoe?! But I'm like you; I NEVER do real fur!!

    www.StyleIsMyPudding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete