Thursday 13 November 2014

The Blush Biker Jacket


This time, I am featuring my blush coloured biker jacket that was purchased from the Julien McDonald franchise in Debenhams (originally priced at £75).  I purchased this towards the start of 2014 as I was looking for a jacket to cover Spring and Autumn, rather than just the Winter period.  This jacket seems to be very popular every time I post it on Instagram, so I thought it was about time I wrote a little bit about it.

With Scarf, Kookai Skirt & M&S Shoes
My first style up with this jacket was quite formal.  Underneath the jacket is a lovely cream scarf that I picked up in Menorca.  The skirt is from Kookai and is a number of years old now.  The shoes are from Marks & Spencer; I liked them because they look like dancing shoes.  The photo doesn't give this look the best justice, as all the pictures were taken in my bedroom at night and the lighting was never the best.

With River Island jeans, H&M top, M&S shoes and a scarf from Spain
This time, the jacket is given a smart casual twist.  It's teamed with the same M&S shoes, but is also tallied with a simple white tee from H&M and a pair of River Island skinny jeans.  The scarf was a present from Nerja, Spain.
 

With River Island jeans again, but with a Primark top and Miss Selfridge boots.
As the nights started to draw in, it was time to style up this jacket again.  The picture above shows it with black skinny jeans again, but this time I was able to match it up with a blush effect print top from Primark and my ankle boots from Miss Selfridge.  It makes a lovely smart casual look for work.



 
Dorothy Perkins jumper, La Redoute Jeans & Kurt Geiger boots


The final look shows the jacket taking advantage of the berry colours that are currently in vogue this autumn.  I've teamed it with a jumper I purchased from Dorothy Perkins, black skinnies again and my Kurt Geiger buckled boots.  I think it would also go well with berry coloured jeans, they would be very complimentary together.

Until next time.





3 comments:

  1. I know this jacket from Instagram :). It's stylish and versatile, a true wardrobe staple!! enjoyed very much reading your previous posts - your always seem to be able to source great buys at reasonable prices!!!

    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosa, I have now picked up your blog for my reading list xx
      I'm off to Manchester again soon, plus I am waiting for an H&M order to come in - all ready for Christmas. Watch this space!

      Delete
  2. Sure I will! Can't wait for your next post!! Hope you had a good time in Manchester <3

    ReplyDelete